Top 15 Unnecessary Facts
While learning something useful can be truly useful, learning something unnecessary can be fun! And when we have to decide between useful and fun, of course we choose fun!
So you wanna learn something unnecessary? Here is a list of top 15 unnecessary knowledge facts from http://www.unkno.com/ for you. Have fun and don’t forget to comment!
(image credits: alumroot)
1. Every year approximately 2,500 left-handed people are killed by using object or machinery designed for right-handed people.
2. Turtles can actually breathe through their butts
3. It is estimated that at any given time around 0.7% of the world’s population is drunk.
4. 315 entries in Webster’s 1996 dictionary were misspelled.
5. More people are killed by falling coconuts every year than sharks attack
6. A giraffe can run faster than a horse, and can live without water longer than a camel.
7. The largest number of children born to one woman, who was a Russian peasant is 69.
8. According to suicide statistics, Monday is the favored day for self-destruction.
9. Mel Blanc (the voice of Bugs Bunny) was allergic to carrots
10. Bookkeeper” is the only word in the English language that has 3 letters that consecutively repeat.
11. Human hair is almost indestructible, only fire can destroy it
12. Dolphins and Humans are the only mammals that have sex for pleasure.
Update: actually there are five species that engage in sexual intercourse for the pleasure as often or more often than for the purpose of procreation: humans, dolphins, elephants, swans and various breeds of monkies. Of those five, humans, dolphins and swans engage in the act of rape with the female being just as likely to be the aggressor as the male.
13. A kangaroo can only jump if its tail is touching the ground.
14. Polar bears are left-handed.
15. The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is uncopyrightable.
Probably related posts:
50 Weird Facts about Humans