Tidy your Room and you will Tidy your Soul
Look around yourself ant tell me – how does your room look like?
Are there socks hanging on the lamp, or is it clean and shiny like in Mr. Proper’s commercial? And now tell me – how do you feel?
Did you ever wonder that there might be a link between your room tidiness and the way you feel?
(Image credits: _Dave Austria)
Read an advice on a message board
Approximately 1 year ago I was reading some forums on pickup topic and I found one thread where some guy was suggesting that keeping your room tidy is very important. The first benefit of doing so was pretty evident – as a guy you must always have your room tidy and prepared for inviting girls. But that is not all, second benefit of tidying your room is even better! Tidying your room makes you feel better about yourself and so it increases your self worth.
Made it a habit
So I gave it a try…First, I started making my bed up every morning(yep I was completely untidy before) and I made it an easy habit for myself. Then I started washing my dishes straight away after I have a meal. Well of course, these 2 habits may be very natural for you, but it wasn’t for me. The third thing what I started doing is – everyday I do at least 10 minutes of mini cosmetic room tidying. And what a difference it makes! It gives me a sudden good feeling about myself. I often say it is like tidying your inner room. When I have my things in order, my life also becomes more in order.
It works both ways
You can’t be in harmony when everything around you is in a mess. Your outer world is the reflection of your inner world. While it is an old truth, that making your inner world better, makes your outer world better it somehow works both ways. You can first tidy your outer world (your room) and it will have a big impact to your inner world.
There is a direct correlation between men doing more housework and the frequency of sex
After writing my own observations I checked for some supporting evidence and I found it on COSMOS magazine: “therapists say there’s a direct correlation" between men doing more housework and the frequency of sex”. So get up and clean your room, your car and your yard! Everyday give at least 10 minutes of doing it and then tell me – how do you feel? Make it a habit – believe me, it is worth doing it.
9 Reasons to tidy your room:
1. You won’t have to worry if somebody comes to your house without giving a notice beforehand.
3. Others will see you as a tidy person (so it will translate in their mind that you are a better and more reliable person)
4. You will FEEL BETTER about YOURSELF and it will increase your SELF ESTEEM. It’s like your inner self cleaning therapy.
5. You will become more active. Doing just this little thing is a good way of fighting your laziness
6. It can be a very relaxing and good rest form from the world full of stress. Oh and play some good music while doing it. (try musicovery.com – a radio where you can set up the mood and genre of the songs).
7. If you have a feeling that everything what you do falls apart and you feel hopeless, doing just this little thing shows that you can cope with things and doesn’t let you fall into depression.
8. You will have more sex (it works at least for men).
9. At least, you will find things easier.
No related posts.