10 Simple Habits to Improve Your Health
We all know the benefits of exercising, healthy diet, physical activity and keeping our minds active. But everyone who have tried changing their habits know how difficult it could be. Sometimes there are no possibilities… Sometimes not enough willingness…
In order to help you, I want to share some tips, which are very simple and easy to follow and don’t need much effort.
Follow these tips for a few weeks and they insensibly will become your habits. Healthy habits!
Cold shower in the morning!
Cold water increases blood circulation throughout the body. You will become more coldproof – that means, you’ll have less chances to catch a cold or a flu. Moreover, it is good for your hair and skin – cold water closes pores, and makes skin more resilient.
2. Drink a glass of water in the morning, about a half an hour before breakfast. It will help you waken up your organism and prepare your stomach for food.
3. Walk by feet as much as possible. Start with longer walk with your dog, or just reject elevator, when you need to go only a few floors upper. Most of us have really passive lifestyles, so use every chance to be more physically active.
4. Get enough sleep . I think it is not necessary to explain the importance of the good sleep. We all know that sleep is one of the most important factors of our health – both physical and psychological.
5. Drink natural drinks such as water, green tea and fresh-squeezed juice. Carbonated drinks and juices from stores are often full of sugar , preservatives and have no nutritive value.
6. Have you ever noticed, that cats are stretching up after every nap? Incorporating morning stretches into your daily routine is a positive way to begin each day. Stretching in the morning is a great way to waken up your muscles, and get them ready for the day by increasing blood flow to your muscles. Moreover, researches have demonstrated that exercise increases mental acuity. On average it lasts four to ten hours after exercise!
7. Wash your hands regularly. During the day we are touching a lot of surfaces, things, other people and animals. Hand washing is a simple habit that can help you stay healthy and avoid infections, starting with simple ones like flu, and ending with such disgusting ones like warms.. Read more here.
8. Reject salty and fatty snacks. They are full of calories, fats, salt, preservatives and have low nutritive value. If you like eating while watching TV, choose fruits or raw nuts instead.
9. Take time for food. When you have your dinner break go to a little cozy restaurant and order some well prepared warm food (not fast food of course). First of all, you will relax and have a rest while eating, second, eating slowly and calmly is healthy for your stomach as your body is able to absorb more nutrients.
10. Relax! Don’t get nervous and angry because of trivial things. Don’t be too serious. Smile, love others, and always try to see the bright side of life – your mental health is as important as your physical health.